Monday, January 26, 2004

gave my heart to the wind's keep

I gave my heart in the winds keep,
He shall not let me break.
For where he lays me down to sleep
My slumber there I shall take.

And when his will is for my dance
Along his opus I shall sway,
The zephyrs sing of fated chance
And float me further on my way.

Call not my love fickle, light or fey
If I lay not too long in ones grasp,
For when Wind whispers, I feather away
And traces remain for memory's clasp.

The wind was not my only keeper,
Another had been my first intent,
But when I sought to lay much deeper
I found his soul already spent

On the keeping of one other heart
And there seemed not space for me,
Wind spoke and rendered me to part
And promised of the freedom I would see.

"For all of life, there is your chance
To lay your heart in another's keep,
But of now, drift free and dance,
And live, and laugh, smile and sleep."

1 comment:

zee said...

ooooo, this is now one of my fav's:)