Tuesday, August 12, 2008

verse to verse or catching zephyrs with a colander

there used to be

poems
for every
pavement crack

ballads
for every
boy with
stained sleeves
and a hole in his chest

couplets
for every
gambler with a broken dream
losing fast on a threadless seam

elegies
for every
father who lived
too short
and died too
long

epics
for every
Madiba-shuffling
Ghandi
with his face on a t-shirt
made in shanghai

ghazals
for every
lover so loving
love itself could not requite

odes
for every
sunset
burnt behind an
eyelid

but now
my verse
is
blank.

4 comments:

Tazeen said...

nice

That Mash Guy said...

lovely

Buwau98 said...

Wow
Every aspects of
emotions,expectations,hope,disappointment,
nostalgia,romance,memories and frustrations
you blend in one
I admire your strength and powerful aura
My dear friend
i do hope that you are will to accept this award

http://buwau98.blogspot.com/2008/08/wow.html

thanks

Anonymous said...

The verse once written
stays always
in my mind
and on my page

as a reminder of
the rhythms of
soul's expression

it sings
my desires
for union
with divinity

and now
sits quietly
in expression
fulfilled