Monday, January 30, 2006

Of things we sometimes imagine

the box on the shelf
with the black-penned Possibility
has a lid that won't close
for
yesterday's thinkings
and tomorrow's
procrastinations
clutter

and never lie flat.

in it is the house i'd build
and fill with his favourite things.

he'd laugh,
for he hasn't seen the butter-flour apron
beneath the ink of my liberal jeans,

but there I'll be;
a smile in his kitchen
and one for when he'd wake,

between my work with words
and the song of sunrise
sweeping outside the front door.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah, a poem with a theme. i gotta write me one of those. the first verse really stands out though, captures the reader. or at least caught me.

Muhammad said...

A smile for her as well.

zee said...

again i must admit i dont fully understand it...but the first paragraph stands out for me

probably because i can relate totally to it...ill be reading dat again when i go to bed again ton;)